Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Soft Ginger Snaps

I have been cooking tons lately...just too lazy to post anything!  But at the request of some friends I am posting this recipe...
During the summer KJ and Aaron were in Utah and I once again over took Aaron's parents house so I could see the Smiths.  Aaron's mom, Cindi, had made a lot of these cookies and she told me to help my self the couple of times I was up there...and  I ate a ton of them!  Soft ginger snaps have always been my favorite and this recipe immediately became my new favorite.  I have made them 3 times in the past 1.5 months!  Thank you Cindi for the recipe, you are wonderful! :)

Soft Ginger Snaps

Cream together:
1 1/2 c shortening
2 c sugar

Then beat in:
2 eggs
1/2 cup light molasses

Sift together and add:
5 c flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking soda

Mix well.  Roll into small balls and roll balls in sugar.  Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 7 minutes until crinkles show on top.  Bake these for exactly 7 minutes, its the perfect time to make them golden brown, crinkley and soft.

When I use my tablespoon cookie scoop I get about 40 cookies.  I like them smaller so I use the 1/2 T cookie scoop and get about 80...then I can eat a ton :)
Forgive the horrid pics...I snapped them quickly on my way to FHE and had to take the cookies with me...

No comments: